About the foundation
An introduction on the Kadamba Foundation and legal charity (ANBI) information.
I’ve created this foundation to preserve my media and to support African preaching programs in South Africa.
What is the Kadamba Foundation?
A non-profit organisation (charity, ANBI), founded by Kadamba Kanana Swami to manage, promote and publish his media, like books, music and videos. Proceeds from sales and donations goes towards African preaching projects under the care of “The Peacock Tree” trust, also founded by Kadamba Kanana Swami.
An ANBI is the legal designation for a charity based in the Netherlands. Just like other non-profit charities a minimum of 90% of our proceeds goes towards fulfilling the goals of the Kadamba Foundation. The foundation’s main sources of income are donations and proceeds from sales of books, music, videos and other sources of income like streaming services.
- Chintan Ghandi (Sanatan Goswami, AU) – Chairman
- Jana Repcikova (Gopali, SK) – Secretary
- Edwin Hamers (Uddhava das, NL) – Treasurer
The trustees don’t receive any renumeration for the work performed, don’t receive income from the foundation or are employed in any capacity. The foundation’s policies on reimbursement of expenses are in line with the Dutch law (UR AWR 1994).
Goals of the Kadamba Foundation
- The publication, promotion and distribution of books, music and other media carriers, as a publisher, of Kadamba Kanana Swami.
- Publication and management of the exclusive and non-exclusive licenses for translations, production, sale and distribution of licensed books, music, magazines, and all other media carriers,
- Managing and exercising the current, and existing, copyrights of new and previously published works under the name “Sabda” and “Sabda publishing”
- Carrying out activities that benefit the African community, in South Africa, to connect with the teachings of A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami, as well as the systematic dissemination of spiritual knowledge;
- Working as a publisher for the (financial) support of African preaching projects under the guidance of “The Peacock Tree” trust that are related to the teachings of A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami (1896 – 1977), founder of the International Community of Krishna Consciousness (International Society for Krishna Consciousness ISKCON).
- And any further, direct or indirect, activities related to the goals of the foundation in the broadest terms.
How will the foundation achieve its goals?
(Dutch: hoofdlijnen van het beleidsplan)
In summary, the foundation will achieve its goals through the following means:
Publication of books, music and other media carriers
As a publishing house, the Kadamba foundation publishes new books and music, promote and distribute this media. It will also republish existing publications worldwide. This is done through sales on its online store or via its website. Secondly through streaming platforms like Youtube, Spotify, Apple music or through third party websites like Amazon.
The Kadamba Foundation issues licenses for the translation, production and also sale of the books, music and other media carriers. With these licenses, the Kadamba Foundation manages and protects the distribution of media and monitors the correct financial settlement.
Copyright & Royalties
Managing and exercising the copyright of Kadamba Kanana Swami. This concerns all previously published media carriers such as books and music and future publications. Collecting royalties, sometimes through an agent, for licensed use of new media and of previously published works under the name “Sabda” and “Sabda publishing”.
The foundation is looking into registering its name as a trademark, (dutch: octrooi), to be able to prevent misusage and prevent legal procedures over ownership.
The archive consists of media, such as music, books, magazines, audio and photos of Kadamba Kanana Swami. These media carriers, whether digital or not, must be archived correctly. In addition, new recordings, texts and photos will be added to the existing archive. The foundation takes care of maintaining the archive and makes sure that the data will not be lost.
What has the foundation done currently?
Kadamba Kanana Swami has, and now the foundation, over the years, established a large collection of music albums, various books, audio and video recordings. These were published under various names ( Sabda publishing, KKS Media, Kadamba Kanana Swami, etc) and are part of the media archive.
Currently (2023) the foundation has published 22 music albums, 10 books and numerous video & audio recordings in various formats. These are available on the online shop, through streaming platforms, like Spotify and Apple music, and our main YouTube channel.
Last, but certainly not least, there is a extensive catalog of blog posts (articles) available on the KKSBlog website with transcripts, quotes, photos and video/audio recordings.
- “Wonderful Krsna”, Ukranian book – 300 copies – May 2023
- “Forever Present”, TBD, Czech/slovak in May 2023
- “Forever Present” ebook – 15 mar 2023
- “Forever Present” book – 1200 copies, 11 Mar 2023
What are the future plans of the foundation?
We are planning to publish the following books
- “Guru and Disciple”, amount unknown, Spanish – Mar 2023
- “Forever Present”, second edition – TBD
To be determined
- “Morning program music album”
- “Music Compilation albums”
- “Table Talks”
- East West Dialogue
The foundation was founded on 1 feb 2023. The financial insights are coming soon…