About the foundation
An introduction to the Kadamba Foundation and it’s mission by Kadamba Kanana Swami. Plus an in-depth look into the setup of the foundation and the charity (ANBI).
What is the foundation
Welcome to the Kadamba Foundation, where we are dedicated to preserving the incredible legacy of Kadamba Kanana Swami. With a mission to manage, promote, and publish his profound media including books, music, and videos, we strive to spread spiritual enlightenment far and wide.
By supporting us through sales and donations, you contribute directly to African preaching projects under the care of ‘The Peacock Tree’ trust, another initiative founded by Kadamba Kanana Swami. Join us on this inspiring journey as we make a positive impact on the world!
The vision of Kadamba Kanana Swami
An in-depth look into the foundation
Goals of the Kadamba Foundation
- The publication, promotion and distribution of books, music and other media carriers, as a publisher, of Kadamba Kanana Swami.
- Publication and management of the exclusive and non-exclusive licenses for translations, production, sale and distribution of licensed books, music, magazines, and all other media carriers,
- Managing and exercising the current, and existing, copyrights of new and previously published works under the name “Sabda” and “Sabda publishing”
- Carrying out activities that benefit the African community, in South Africa, to connect with the teachings of A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami, as well as the systematic dissemination of spiritual knowledge.
- Working as a publisher for the (financial) support of African preaching projects under the guidance of “The Peacock Tree” trust that are related to the teachings of A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami (1896 – 1977), founder of the International Community of Krishna Consciousness (International Society for Krishna Consciousness ISKCON).
I’ve created this foundation to preserve my media and to support African preaching programs in South Africa.
How will the foundation achieve its goals?
As a publishing house, the Kadamba foundation publishes new books and music, promote and distribute this media. It will also republish existing publications worldwide. This is done through sales on its online store or via its website. Secondly through streaming platforms like Youtube, Spotify, Apple music or through third party websites like Amazon.
The Kadamba Foundation issues licenses for the translation, production and also sale of the books, music and other media carriers. With these licenses, the Kadamba Foundation manages and protects the distribution of media and monitors the correct financial settlement.
Copyright & Royalties
Managing and exercising the copyright of Kadamba Kanana Swami. This concerns all previously published media carriers such as books and music and future publications. Collecting royalties, sometimes through an agent, for licensed use of new media and of previously published works under the name “Sabda” and “Sabda publishing”.
The archive consists of media, such as music, books, magazines, audio and photos of Kadamba Kanana Swami. These media carriers, whether digital or not, must be archived correctly. In addition, new recordings, texts and photos will be added to the existing archive. The foundation takes care of maintaining the archive and makes sure that the data will not be lost.
What has the foundation done currently and future projects
Kadamba Kanana Swami has, and now the foundation, over the years, established a large collection of music albums, various books, audio and video recordings. These were published under various names ( Sabda publishing, KKS Media, Kadamba Kanana Swami, etc) and are part of the media archive.
Currently (2023) the foundation has published 22 music albums, 10 books and numerous video & audio recordings in various formats. These are available on the online shop, through streaming platforms, like Spotify and Apple music, and our main YouTube channel. Last, but certainly not least, there is a extensive catalog of blog posts (articles) available on the KKSBlog website with transcripts, quotes, photos and video/audio recordings.
Charity information (ANBI)
The yearly financial reports with information about our funds, expenses and account balances.
2023: Will be published soon.
An ANBI is the legal designation for a charity based in the Netherlands. Just like other non-profit charities a minimum of 90% of our proceeds goes towards fulfilling the goals of the Kadamba Foundation. The foundation’s main sources of income are donations and proceeds from sales of books, music, videos and other sources of income like streaming services.
- Chintan Ghandi (Sanatan Goswami, AU) – Chairman
- Jana Repcikova (Gopali, SK) – Secretary
- Edwin Hamers (Uddhava das, NL) – Treasurer
The trustees don’t receive any renumeration for the work performed, don’t receive income from the foundation or are employed in any capacity. The foundation’s policies on reimbursement of expenses are in line with the Dutch law (UR AWR 1994).
The Kadamba Foundation is registered as a non-profit organisation (ANBI) in the Netherlands.